What is EAP Counselling?
EAP or Employee Assistance Program is psychological mental health and wellbeing support for workers, usually subsidised by the employer. This is usually short-term counselling and if a longer-term support is required, the employee is referred on to the appropriate professional services. The subject issue does not have to be work-related and can be personal issues which impacting on the employee’s work performance.
Other EAP services include:
- Critical Incident support
- Group De-briefing and processing after a stressful event
- Psycho-education – such as resiliency skills, stress management, etc.
- Mediaton – Resolution between two conflicting individuals.
- Manager Assistance – how to support an employee affected by a mental health issue.
Enquire with your employer today about the entitlements to EAP counselling. They are free for the employee and are confidential.
Joyce Bok has 8 years as an EAP Psychologist over 2 states, and is a contractor for various EAP agencies. She is also available as a private contractor for EAP Services.
Tel: 040 661 7220